Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

It's Time To Play..... Otterflogger's "Name That Cockpit"!

OK, "Ladies and Gentlemen", time for "installment #4" in our "cockpit series", which will be a continuing "brain-strainer". This aircraft is very "dear" to me, and the sound of her coming to "full power" is better than a "symphony"!

 

-photo by Steve Taylor

This is the "cockpit" of a ......................

*MYSTERY SOLVED!*

It is a Curtiss C-46 "Commando"! "Anonymous" wins, good job, you seemed to know immediately. Have you had experience with C-46s? Mitchell B-25 was also guessed, sorry, you fell for my "trap" of mis-naming the picture. "Anonymous", you win the "entire contents of Don Imus' head"! Congratulations!

 

Curtiss C-46 "Commando" C-GIBX, operated by FNT Transport!

-photo by Steve Taylor

 

Me and IBX!

-photo by "Pistol" Pete!

Comments:
C-46A...what do I win?
 
A Mitchell B25

Ben in Lac Du Bonnet.
 
The anonymous was Lance from Winnipeg...smart with cockpit, dumb not to leave my name. What can I say, I still love old and loud airplanes!
 
Steve, great trick - you caught me on the naming - I thought I was soooo smart.

I think the B-25 is still louder though.

Ben in Lac Du Bonnet

P.S. 'there's nothing better than round engines.
 
Yes, I agree, when Pratt and Whitney 2800 CI "radials" come up to "full power", I get a "shiver" and a "boner"...........

Steve
 
Post a Comment

<< Home