Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Beautiful Day At "Gammon River East".......

Finally, decent weather is upon us. It is about time. This morning I hauled a crew and building supplies into Pauingassi, and then it was back to Silver Falls to take fishermen into an outcamp on the Gammon River. The Gammon River flows from Ontario westward into Manitoba, and eventually joins the Bloodvein River, both rivers being major assets to Atikaki Provincial Park.

Anyhow, I got the 6 fishermen to camp, and loaded up 4 to bring south. The 4 I brought out had a great time, except for the weather. They brought back about 6 15-packs of beer, because they said it was too cold to drink beer! Rookies!! I used to have a rule that any beer returned from the camps became the property of the pilot, but I have become more lenient recently. Must be "old age"! Actually, just kidding, I am still as agile as a "cat". You have to be to fly an Otter in the bush.

The camp I flew into on the Gammon is owned by my friend Bob Crockett. We think he might be a distant relative to Davie, but you can't give him a Bowie Knife, because he probably would cut himself. All kidding aside folks, Bob is a good guy, and has had camps for years, and they are well-equipped and outfitted, and he has a genuine love of the bush.


Bob Crockett's camp on the Gammon River. The chair on top of the tree-post is "Bob's Perch", as this is where Bob is deposited during the night by the other guests when Bob is at camp, due to his "90 decibel" snoring. If you look closely you can see a seat belt, and don't worry, if it is storming, they usually put a rain hat on him.................. Posted by Hello

All kidding aside, it is a beautiful spot, a beautiful camp, and well-run, Bob keeps it in top-shape, and the fishing and moose hunting are outstanding. My kind of place!

Info on Bob Crockett's camp on the Gammon River.

Gammon River East Outcamp!

Now, the other day I made a post titled "Buzzard's" Otter Check-Out on May 24. Lo and behold, the other day I taxied into the dock, and what did I see? A 4-piece water tank to haul to a lodge in Ontario! Deja-vu!! Steve Gaffray, one of the owners of Blue Water Aviation Services Ltd. met me as I got out of my airplane, and laughed, and said, "Somebody must have been reading your blog"! Anyways, this tank was 4-piece, and designed differently, and would have to be flown on 2 airplanes, which worked perfectly, because both airplanes would bring customers south once we flew the tank pieces into the lodge. The lodge we will be going to is called Sabourin Lake Lodge, and has been owned by a fellow by the name of Ron Williams for many years.


A beautiful shot of the Winnipeg River and Otter C-GHYB. But hey, what is going on? What are those "dumb shits" at Blue Water up to now? I better get a closer look............. Posted by Hello


What is this, a fly-in plumbing service???? Posted by Hello


If you need it moved, we can do it........... Posted by Hello


Tied on tonight, and I will leave early AM, when it is cool, and the winds are light......... Posted by Hello

Till tomorrow, folks, I'll see if I can get some pics of Sabourin Lake Lodge............

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home