Friday, December 03, 2004

 

Some Guys Have a Death Wish or an Angel on their shoulder.....

This is my brother! He apparently has a recessive gene(s)! Yes, they are real, tranquilized Polar Bears!!! He was working with Natural Resources to tag and track these magnificent creatures, as he is a helicopter pilot. They are absolutely amazing. They are the largest bears on earth. Now, I know someone will say grizzlies are bigger. Actually, the largest single bear was an Alaskan Grizzly (Kodiak), but on average Polar Bears are larger. They have been spotted hundreds of miles from shore in Hudson's Bay, swimming after the ice breakup in spring!!!! Hey, tune in, in the next day or two, because I have a story about 2 Polar Bears and and an Arctic Wolf, a guide, two guests, a black powder rifle, and dead caribou!!!! This happened in September of 2003 while I was flying caribou hunters in northern Manitoba, just south of 60* latitude!!!! It is a good story! Adios!!!  Posted by Hello


This is my brother! His name is Gene, Recessive. Do you think?  Posted by Hello

Comments:
All I can say is that I envy your friend... that looks like serious fun ;-)
 
Yes, I'm sure my buddy considers it will be a topic of memory and discussion for years to come. Now he is in the Persian Gulf working. From one extreme to the next......
 
Post a Comment

<< Home