Friday, December 03, 2004

 

Every morning I wake up and strap on an Otter....

I'm signing off for today, but before I go I thought I'd put a picture of my horse on the blog. She is a fine machine, built to haul. This picture was taken at Brownstone Lake, northern Manitoba. This was the day the lodge operator threw a box of used, but not totally drained, 6-volt fish-finder batteries, jumbled together in a box, into the cabin area. They shorted each other out, and as I saw the wisps of smoke from a distance coming out of my plane, I made like Ben Johnson on steroids and jumped in the plane and threw the box out into the sand. I had about 25 empty (but full of fumes) jerry cans that had been holding gas 6 feet from the smouldering battery box. I had very choice vocabulary for the lodge operator, but did not kill him. It would be terrible to experience the loss of an aircraft no longer in production, and therefore so valueable, to such a silly mistake. Adios!!!


1000 HP Canadian Back-Bush 4x4 Posted by Hello

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home